Writing so far has started off like I would do when studying for exams before. I waste a good few days procrastinating and get nothing done. Particularly during the day, I am more of a night person. Usually, after a week or two of this, the fear kicks in, and I cram it all in the day and night before the exam. However, this is not going to work with the writing. Time to grow up, in the writing world at least, time is a ticking. There was only one reason, after all, why I came here, yet I somehow have developed a mighty to-do list!
So, I have decided to try and help myself out, by naming and shaming the ways I have procrastinated today, doing everything but writing the pilot, in hope that it will, figuratively speaking, slap myself in the head to cop on.
1. Watched Days Of Our Lives.
2. Watched General Hospital.
3. Bought more pens (takes the total up to 4 fully inked pens).
4. Bought more paper to write on (takes the total up to 2 notebooks, an A4 pad and 200 index cards).
5. Brought my disposable camera to the shop to get developed.
6. Cleaned my already clean runners. 3 pairs.
7. Walking around the apartment a few times, looking for my phone, while on the phone.
8. Went to the gym.
9. Collected the photos from the shop.
10. Wrote this list.
11. Made this poll
(As you can quite clearly see, some high levels of procrastinating going on. Don’t worry, I am busy formulating the episode/scenes in my head while doing all this, it is coming along nicely! No need to fret!)